Tuesday, January 21, 2014

cheetahs, childhood, and other things that move way to fast!

With my younger dancers I play game of Fast/Slow to teach them how to listen to music, recognize different tempos, and practice gross motor skills.   We skip and gallop to the fast music and tiptoe to the slow music.  It is lots of fun and always results in lots of giggles.  Unfortunately my life seems to be stuck on the fast music with no slow down in sight.  And, unlike the 3 year olds, I am no longer giggling at the chance to gallop full speed.  I am winded and my legs are beginning to ache.

I want to slow down but the music isn't cooperating.  Life seems to be moving at the speed of cheetah and I am doing all I can to keep up.  The first month of 2014 has flown by at record speed which leaves me wondering what the rest of this year will look like if in fact I can slow down enough to see more than a blur.  It also leaves me wondering if God even wants me to slow down at this particular time or if this crazy pace is part of His plan for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment