Monday, August 26, 2013

Daughter of the King

I am a slow learner sometimes but I have learned to pay attention to related things that just "pop up" in my life.  Usually God is trying to get my attention when it happens so that I can learn something or understand something.  

This past Sunday one of the kids in the Treehouse, the Kid's Church I am director of, shared his favorite verse from memory.  It was really cool that he could just rattle off a verse and I know that God smiled big when His Word was being spoken.  I couldn't help from smiling when it happened but God had more in mind.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."  Ecclesiastes 9:10

He was getting my attention using the children I love so dearly.  I teach kids.  I think I pretty good at it.   But when I read the following question in my daily devotional this morning I couldn't answer it quickly.  It is a huge question.  

"If you could be as victorious and consistent as you'd like to be, what would you most like to accomplish for the kingdom?"

I am still not able to answer it fully, but I do know what God has called me to work at with all my might.  My hands have found something to do that I am good at - teaching kids.  Even if that isn't the full answer, part of the deeper answer is found in it.  I must be obedient to God and do what He gives me to do.  Right now it is being the Children's Director at my church and teaching ballet to little ones.  

Yes I want to teach kids about God but in the end their learning it isn't something I can guarantee.  I can't even guarantee a changed heart in my self much less others.  But God can.  God promises to finish this good work in me.  The good work He has allowed me to be apart of in those I teach.

So this is the most complete answer I can give...the changing of my heart is what I want to accomplish for the kingdom and while God changes me to be more like Him I will do whatever my hands find to do with all my might because that is part of the changing.  Whether that is washing dishes, cutting out paper triangles for a craft, or teaching a 3yr old how to skip for the first time.  All my  might is what God asks for, He will do the rest.

Things I do, do not change to world.  They may not even change those I am teaching.   All I can work toward is changing me.  I would like to accomplish for the kingdom a servant's heart that is teachable and humble and proud to be called a Child of God, Daughter of the King.  

No comments:

Post a Comment